Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas is My Favorite Time of Year

I love everything about the holidays....decorations, Christmas lights, Christmas tv shows and movies, baking, spending time with family and friends and the list could go on.  It's easy to get swept away by "doing" Christmas.  But this year, 
I'm trying to not get too caught up in the busyness of the season but to really reflect on the meaning of the season.  

Reminding myself that Jesus left the perfection of heaven to come and make himself human among man.  That He faced any trial and temptation that we face so that not only would he know our joys and hurts but that we would have an example of how to live.  And most importantly, He made the ultimate sacrifice for our sins in giving His life so that we could know eternal life with God.  I don't know about you, but that gives me a great reason to celebrate this Christmas!

As we enter the holiday season and begin our preparations and festivities, I often think of the children at Kebron.  While they don't have the material comforts that we often do, they share in the same joy in celebrating the birth of our savior, Jesus.  Their joy isn't from the physical circumstances they are in but in knowing their Jesus and celebrating the miracle of His birth.  

I have partnered with Children's HopeChest in their Change Their Story campaign.  We are raising funds to help provide additional nutritional needs for the children at Kebron.  Our goal is $7500.  I know that's a lot but I think we can do it!  Please consider donating ANY amount to help us reach our goal.  The following link will take you to the page to be able to donate.

http://bit.ly/UDQssk



Thank you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment